November 2, 2012

Random Thoughts: How I lost my baby weight without exercise




Here's how I look before giving birth.

I got pregnant last year when I was just 20 years old. I was a skinny teenage girl who barely weighed 90 pounds. During the first trimester of my pregnancy, everything seemed to be normal. My eating habit didn't change that much. I just experienced some weird cravings often in the middle of the night. Things changed when I reached the second trimester. I was gaining a maximum of 5 pounds every week and my appetite got uncontrollable. During my 7th month of pregnancy I reached 138 pounds!!  I gained almost 50 pounds and I was experiencing water retention at the time. The horror!! 

My college friends didn't actually recognize me when they visited me before giving birth. After giving birth to my beautiful baby I stayed for a couple of months in my hometown to spend more time with Mika before going to work. My appetite was back to normal but my extra pounds didn't just disappear overnight. When I got back to work last November 2011, I practiced water therapy

Whenever I'm hungry or craving for something to eat I just drink a lot of water. It didn't work that much. I didn't have time to go to the gym or  even exercise because of our rotating schedule. January this year I was scheduled for a night shift for the last three months. Because of the schedule, my body was begging for rest and sleep that I didn't have time to get hungry. I only ate once a day. I remember sleeping a lot during the day time. My body didn't took it well. I got sick a lot and I lost my appetite. I started losing a lot of weight. From 148 pounds my weight dropped to 115 pounds. 

me weighing 115 pounds after giving birth -- May 2012

After 3 months after going back to the day shift my body clock and appetite got better. I ate twice a day and I looked healthy and happy once again. Now I'm currently weighing 97 pounds. 

I am not saying that this is the right way to lose some pounds. I think exercising and proper diet is ideal than just eating nothing. We should still stick to the proper method of exercising and eating right to be able to sustain a healthy body even when losing weight.

What's your weight loss method?

4 comments:

  1. you lost weight quite drastically! i wish i could also lost mine in an instant too.

    hope you can drop by my blog at http://blog.misslitratista.com

    Chamee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed your blog already.. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. That was fast! you're looking good :)

    http://sweetthingchelle.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete