January 24, 2013

Random Thoughts: American Idol! Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey brawl

I've been a fan of American Idol since last season only. It's because I watched the Filipino-Mexican singer Jessica Sanchez bloom into a great singer. Though I'm a Filipino myself, I think Phillip Phillips really deserved the crown though. Not because he's a handsome-white guy-in-a-guitar, but because he composes his own songs and I can feel the passion in his eyes while singing his songs.

By the way, I am not here to take  a stand about last season's winner but I'm here to express my opinion about the Nick Minaj and Mariah Carey's commotion! 
[insert Eye of the Tiger soundtrack here] 
HAHA.



So last night I get to watch the most talked about controversy of this season's American Idol on ETC. 
No it is not the contestants, but the judges themselves!
When I heard about this issue I overreacted for a moment because I was a Mariah Carey fan since my grade school years. (Yes! I'm that young!) I thought Nicki is such a biatch to treat her that way since Mariah is one of the greatest singer in the industry. She should be respected since she's a living legend herself.
BUT when I finally watched it, I say I'm on Nicki's side on this! I think she makes a point that a singer should not be classified on what genre he/she should pursue but at least give someone a chance to explore his talent. The only problem is that how she reacted trying to clarify her point. I have to give it to Mariah for being matured enough to handle the situation with such grace and professionalism. 

Anyway, I think they have a lot of talented contestants this year.
I am looking forward to having a favorite in the competition.
That's it!

How about you? What's your stand on this?


2 comments:

  1. I watched that episode Twice! hehehe
    yeah I have to agree with Nicki on this, though I understand Mariah's concern. either way, it was simply just a difference of opinion.

    BTW, about your question... from what I know, All Shu Uemura eyelash curler silicone pads have the shu uemura engraving/imprint on it.

    you might want to check this out for comparison
    http://www.myeyeshadowconsultant.com/2011/06/24/how-to-spot-a-fake-shu-uemura-eyelash-curler/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked my already because it was just a gift.. WHEW! it's original!! YAYYY!! Thanks Ms. Hollie!

      Delete