July 30, 2013

International Lipstick Day


Hello guys! Happy National Lisptick Day!! It's like my birthday. lol. Y'all know that I'm a lipstick addict, so for this special day I'm giving you a sneak-peek to my lipstick list from my most favorite to my not-so-favorite picks. 



NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo; Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in IT Girl
Let's start with my not-so-favorite picks. These two are not exactly on my loathe list but let's just say that I regret buying them because: 
1. They're not easy to use and 
2. I did not find the value for my money.

Swatch: Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in IT Girl; NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo
In this picture I already swiped Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in IT Girl 5 times. Yep literally FIVE TIMES! There's barely any pigmentation and the texture is so sticky. Good thing Migs  bought it from the U.S. last January and it's really cheap there. He bought this for less than $6 (200-250 pesos), but here in the Philippines they're selling it in a steep price. Please, save yourself from buying any shade in this collection. I mean, I love Revlon but this is such a disappointment. I was so giddy before purchasing any NYX Soft Lip Cream then the shade Tokyo kept me from buying another one. The shade isn't that bad and the texture is blendable but it makes me look too pale. It's nice when mixed to any other product but alone it just doesn't work. 

Noah Lipstick in 127 (I don't know the shade); Mac Frost in Fresh Moroccan
These two are my most unique shades. The first one is Noah it's a gift from my aunt from Japan. I think it's a local Japanese product because I can't read anything from the container, just the number 127. The second one is Mac Frost in Fresh Moroccan.

Swatch: Noah Lipstick (I don't know the shade); Mac Frost in Fresh Moroccan
Noah is a light plum shade that is even lighter when you wear it. I think it's not easy to find such shade. Mac Frost in Fresh Moroccan is a dark honey brown shade with red undertones. It has glitters when you swatch it. It brings this exotic look when you wear it because it's something dark but doesn't look snob. You know what I mean? So these are my special shades that I'm trying to preserve because I don't know how to purchase another one. Don't you just love it when you  have something that is limited.

Mac Chatterbox; Mac Ablaze; Revlon Really Red; Revlon Love that Pink; Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Sweetheart
These babies are my HG lippies! I know you've been seeing them quite a lot and they're my choice for my daily wear. They're extremely wearable shades that compliments any complexion.

Swatch: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Sweetheart; Revlon Love that Pink; Revlon Really Red; Mac Chatterbox; Mac Ablaze
I just realized that I'm a huge Revlon and Mac fan. I always pick these brand whenever I want to be safe. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Sweetheart is something I wear whenever I don't have time to retouch. It a nice glossy shade that last for 5-6 hours even with meals in between. Revlon in Love that Pink is something I always wear whenever I don't feel like wearing any makeup at all. Though it doesn't last that long, I like to wear it than nothing. Revlon Really Red is my first ever red lipstick and I love it. Mac Chatterbox is my ultimate HG lipstick. It just works the magic every time! Mac Ablaze is a new favorite! Though application is hard and it's quite drying, I'm just so in love with this shade.

That's it! Those are my picks. I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a great day and Happy National Lipstick Day! Wear your brightest red! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful review. You should try this lipstick from royale. And please give us your feedback and review. I will be following your blog of course and I will link reviews to my blog as well. Cheers Krisella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regret buying 3 of revlon's ultimate suede. I wish I got more of their mattes na lang. I have a lot of Revlon lip products :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too dear.. I don't know why Revlon even made it. Love their mattes too! :)

      Delete