September 17, 2013

Kolours Dual Conditioning Hair Color in Balinese Brown: D.I.Y. Hair Coloring

After seeing the result of my first D.I.Y hair color, I thought about sharing it here since it's really easy and effective not to mention it's cheap as well. This is not my first time to use Kolours. It's actually the same brand and shade that I used in my first. Talk about being clingy with a product? Anyway. I will show you how it's done and what I love and loath about this product so read on.




The box contains the following:
- Colour Develope
- Creme Colorant
- plastic gloves
- 2 conditioner sachets 
- Instructions
Step-by-step Procedure

1. Pour the Creme Colorant tube on the Colour Developer bottle.

2. Mix it thoroughly through shaking until it combine in one color.

3. Cut the plastic lid off the Colour Developer bottle. This is probably the hardest step since the plastic is too hard. 
4. Apply generously all over your hair. I suggest applying the colorant near your scalp the least.
5. Leave it for not more than 30 minutes.
6. Rinse your hair with the after treatment conditioner. 

Note: The whole procedure will only take less than an hour. The result? 

Kolours Dual Conditioning Hair Color in Balinese Brown - Results: Before and After
Likes:
Easy steps of application. I love how the steps and application procedure is straight to the point. Even a grade school student can do it.
Effectiveness. After rinsing you can instantly see the result.
Affordable. It's really cheap for only less than Php 260 compared to more than a thousand pesos hair salons asks.
The shade. I always get compliments for this hair color. :)

Dislikes:
The only thing that bothers me about this product is the Ammonia Scent. I almost fainted while applying a huge amount in a certain part of my hair. It smells so awful but surely the scent will disappear after rinsing. Ammonia is used to penetrate the hair better and effectively color it faster. The nice thing about it is that it effectively colors your hair with the desired pigmentation, unlike other brands that smells nice but don't really get the exact shade. Tiis ganda! Haha.

Kolours Dual Conditioning Hair Color in Balinese Brown - Results: Before and After
The color is quite dark and reddish yet, but I know from experience that it will instantly lighten in weeks. Overall, I love the result of this hair color. Though I really despise how it smells during application, it will all be worth it while it's done so you just have to hold on and try not to faint while application. After all, we can't really complain for that price and shade can we?

14 comments:

  1. Lol! Thank you for mentioning the ammonia scent! I color my own hair too and I use Revlon, it doesn't have too much of that nasty ammonia scent and it's not as expensive as other brands. Just in the middle range :)
    Love the color on you though! :)

    Ninin
    www.thetwomissfits.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. I might as well try Revlon. Thanks for the suggestion Ninin! Thanks for dropping by as well.. :)

      Delete
    2. I actually tried Revlon. I don't recommend it. While it smells nice and it's cheaper than L'Oreal, the color doesn't last because, again, it doesn't have ammonia. After a few weeks, your grey hair will show. In addition, it makes your hair and dull. Kolours is better because it's designed for Filipino hair. But if you wanna spend, go for L'Oreal.

      Delete
  2. After reading about hair color products that is in the box I'm afraid of dying my hair by myself. The article says that it is not good. I have one from Syoss, what can you say about "permanent color"? I'm just new about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think permanent hair colors are pretty safe based on my experience. But to be sure, you can make a patch test. If you're not familiar with this procedure, it's done to know if you have an allergic reaction to a certain chemical. You can do it by applying little amount of the products behind your ear. If you experience irritation, I suggest not to go on with coloring but if not then you're good to go. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! Does the color in picture resemble the real color? Hm, will the color fit a not-so-fair-yet-not-actually-dark complexion? How long is your hair? It says on the packaging that it is only good for medium-length hair. I'm afraid it will not cover my entire hair.. THANKS A LOT! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maryzze, yes it resembles the real color and it's even a bit lighterYes it will fit the not-so-fair-yet-not-actually-dark complexion perfectly! Haha. I don't believe it's only good for medium-length hair because my hair almost reaches my waist and I still did not finish the whole product. Try it! It's worth it! Thank you so much for visiting my site. :)

      Delete
    2. I like your answers! :) I also love the color of your hair.. Thank you for quick response! Yes, I think I would want to try it this week. Hope it'll suit me. :) This site is helpful! Thanks a lot again :))

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the feedback! Good luck with the hair coloring.. :)

      Delete
  4. Any technique on how to apply it? Lol. My friend and I tried it, It didn't color my hair entirely. Just the parts nearest the scalp. I'm planning to redo it. Is that okay? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's totally okay. Maybe you should color the part of your hair that are far from the scalp and leave it for say 20 minutes and then apply it on the hair part near the scalp and leave it for 10-15 minutes. This normally happen with hair that are not yet treated. Thanks for your question. :)

      Delete
    2. All right. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! Same case with Maryzze Pantig. Yung parts nearest the scalp lang yung nagkaron ng color (virgin/untreated hair). Is it alright if I dye my hair again the next day or should I wait for a few days/weeks? First time ko magcolor ng hair at di ako sure if tama yung ginagawa ko. I just want to know if what I'll be doing is safe. Thanks :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! any changes on hair texture? Like did the hair color dried your hair?

    ReplyDelete