November 8, 2013

Bobbi Brown Samples Review: Smoky Eye Mascara and Lip Gloss in Bellini


How's your week so far? I'm celebrating the end of the week today with a cone of chocolate ice cream. I got rid of my juices and finally gave in to that sweet treat! (Guilty) Anyway, I'm here to review a couple of samples I got from the Bobbi Brown Makeup Workshop two weeks ago. The first one is Bobbi Brown  Lip Gloss in Bellini, the other one is Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mascara that won't be out in the market until this December. Is it worth looking forward to? Continue reading and find out!


I think (or at least conclude) that Bobbi Brown  Lip Gloss in Bellini is named after one of Italy's most popular long drinks because it's exactly the same color as this gloss. Bellini is a cocktail which is a mixture of Prosecco sparkling wine and peach purée. 


The shade is peachy coral and glittery. The best thing about this lip gloss is that it smells like Judge bubblegum. It's a local bubblegum here in the Philippines that is minty and fresh. I highly recommend this product if you're into lip glosses. It's a rare shade and the staying power is great too, just beware of too much glitters. :)


Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mascara won't be available until this December and I'm so happy to be one of the few firsts to try it. I say it's worth looking forward to. Why? Though the formula doesn't offer that much volume and length, it curls the end of your lashes and that's pretty much why it's for Smoky Eyes. 

Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mascara in action
Here's how it looks upon two layers of application. I can't recommend it for everyone because I know how much Bobbi products costs. If you want volume and lengthening, go for Maybelline mascaras.

Overall, I love the Bellini lip gloss but I have doubts about the Smoky Eye mascara. Oh well, I'll just wait for other reviews and compare mine. What do you think?

Have a great weekend ahead! :]

2 comments: