March 17, 2014

My Favorite Moisturizer: Celeteque Dermoscience Hydration Facial Moisturizer

Happy Monday everyone! It's the start of a new week again after a very short weekend. Why do weekends feel so fast nowadays? Our skin needs rest just like our body. When your body is stressed, your skin is suffering too so you need the proper hydration and moisturizing that your usual cream can't offer. Give me something that is even more moisturizing than water. Nothing? Right, because water is the best substance that offers hydration. That is perhaps the main reason why this moisturizer is created based on H2O, so that weekends can be bearably short and our skin can still be as rested and moisturized. 

For this week, I'll be featuring products that I've been using for a long period of time. This is the first of a week long product reviews. I think skin care products are a bit tricky to review because you have to use them for a long period of time to really justify the effectiveness. 



Description:
Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer has a unique hydrogel formulation that provides the skin with optimum hydration without the greasy after-feel. Its triple moisturizing system contains Glycerin, Pro - Vitamin B5 and Aloe Vera that work deep down to provide lasting relief from skin dryness. Has Dimethicone that seals in the skin's moisture. Leaves you with soft, smooth and supple skin.

Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Panthenol, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid

Why am I stating these ingredients to you? It is because I want to show you that this product doesn't include any Paraben. What in the world is Paraben? Let me tell you a short story. There's this media frenzy surrounding Paraben believing that it has health risks. There are theories stating that it does have this estrogenic effect that may cause breast cancer. Though there is no guaranteed study that proves this theory yet, it's better to avoid it other than be the proof yourself, right? So from now on, check the ingredients of the cosmetics products that you plan to buy and see to it that it doesn't have this harmful chemical.

Going back to this moisturizer, you can buy it for Php 210.00 for 100 ml worth of products and Php 127.00 for 50 ml. This product is 100 ml and it lasts a good 4 to 6 months before I hit the pan because a little goes a long way. It's also fragrance-free and oil-free that makes the application smooth just like applying water. It dries pretty quickly and makes my skin soft and moisturized. 

The only downside of this product is that it doesn't have any SPF. I tried the one with SPF but it's not water-based. It's really nice to apply this moisturizer during summer time because the water just feels so light and cooling. But I have to apply another layer of sunblock because it doesn't have any SPF.

On the back of the tube, the manufacturing and expiration dates are stamped which is really awesome. Overall, I love this product to bits (obviously). I still continue using it even after trying different brands because it's just light and delivers what it's supposed to do. If I am to be given a loyalty award for using a certain skin care product, it would have to be for using this Celeteque moisturizer.

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Have a great week ahead! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'm tempted to try this but my skin doesn't fare well with water-based moisturizers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina! If you want to try it buy the tiny version first.

      Delete