March 18, 2014

Collection Cosmetics Lasting Colour Lipstick In Mango Tango

Have you ever started your day wrong? I did. Today exactly. I woke up early to finish my errands and everything went wrong after the other. The line in the bank near our place was short but I stand there waiting for almost 30 minutes because the tellers are new so is the branch. It ate a lot of my time that was supposed to be used for some other errands. I'm also suffering from a hoarse voice that I sound like I smoke three packs a day. (Hello Beki voice!) My skin is breaking out as well because it's that time of the month. I have a long list of how my day started wrong today, you can tweet or email me if you want to know more about my rants (Haha.)

We went to Trinoma to buy some things and have lunch as well. I saw this Collection Cosmetics counter before exiting the department store and I got curious because I haven't seen this brand yet. I browsed their products and I was delighted to know that they're affordable. You'll instantly know that it's a British brand because the word "Colour" is in British English. They often add the letter "U" to words ending with "or" like "flavour" instead of "flavor", "labour" instead of "labor" etc.


Left: Pink Shock | Right: Mango Tango
I asked the sales lady what their best sellers are and she instantly pointed me to the Lasting Colour Lipstick collection in shades "Pink Shock" and "Mango Tango". She said it gives a good stain and lasts really long. I already have a lot of shades similar to Pink Shock so I opted on getting Mango Tango instead.

Really, I bought this lipstick just to make myself feel better. I needed a win from all the bad vibes that happened earlier so this has got to be a good one. I paid Php 199.00 for it so I can't really complain if it's not that good. As for my swatch, the pigmentation is great and it's a bit glossy. I still have a subtle mark on the back of my hand until now so I'm convinced that it leaves a good stain. The shade reminds me of my MAC Matte lipstick in Ablaze. Mango Tango is like the glossy version of Ablaze only with a hint of subtle pink.

SWATCHED: Collection Cosmetics Lasting Colour Lipstick In Mango Tango

The thing that bothers me is that it easily transfer. Though it leaves a stain after fading, the formula doesn't really stick on your lips. Another thing is the scent. It smells like flower which is really familiar. When I ask my office mate to sniff it, she recognized the scent as the scent of a ball-pen we had back in high school. Seriously, I think it's the Panda brand with the perfumed ink. It smells exactly like it. I don't know if it's a bad or a good thing that it smells like a flowery ball-pen ink though. But hey, can you complain for Php 199.00?

Collection Cosmetics Lasting Colour Lipstick In Mango Tango

What do you know, a lipstick just instantly made my day! This coral shade is a great shade for summer too. I love the shade and how it's pigmented. It's non-drying so you can wear it without any balm before application. I am so happy to bump in this counter and have the chance to try their products. They also have lip liners and glosses which I want to try too. They have a buy one take one eye liner for less than Php 200. If you're on a budget but want to try a different brand that is cheap but worth it, I suggest you try Collection Cosmetics. 

By the way, did you notice my domain name? Yay! I already obtained lippiemonster.com. You can visit this site directly through that url or you can still use www.lippiemonster.blogspot.com and you'll be redirected to my new domain. You can use whichever you prefer. :)

I hope you're having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new domain sis! I'm really curious about the coral shade and hope to drop by the counter soon... too bad I don't get the chance to visit the mall anymore after work (11 na usually out ko). I think this weekend would be a good time =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still remember us talking about buying a domain name couple of weeks ago. Now we both have one. Haha. I have the same problem too, my shift ends at 10PM so if I want to go to a mall, I have to wake up really early. See you soon! :)

      Delete
  2. yay! i have one lippie from this brand! i got QUEEN OF HEARTS! and it is the perfect RED for my lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that shade too! It's one of their best sellers as well. :)

      Delete