March 4, 2014

Random Thoughts: Trying Fishtail Braid

Fishtail braid is totally in right now because of Elsa's hairstyle in Frozen. If your hair is long enough to achieve this hairdo but don't know how, I'm here to share how I did it on my first try.

This is basically my finished product. I prefer having my hair on sides because it's more comfortable and a bit stylish.


You'll only need a comb and an elastic band to do this do but I prefer making my hair smoother with the help of Pantene All Day Smooth Miracle Water.

The Preparation:
1. Start with a dry hair.
2. Apply Pantene All Day Smooth Miracle Water all over your dry hair.
3. Comb your hair and make sure there's no tangle left.
4. You're now ready to start fishtail braiding! :)

Let's do this!
1. Separate your hair in two parts.
2. Get a tiny bit of hair on either side (I chose the right side here). 
3. Combine this tiny bit of hair on the left side.
4. Do the same on the left side and get a tiny bit of hair on the side.
5. Combine it to the right side.
6. Do this repeatedly until you achieve this braid.

Secure everything with an elastic band and you're good to go! You can see that I have a thin hair so I prefer getting a little more amount of hair during braiding so it will look thicker and I'm stretching them after securing it with an elastic as well. If you want to achieve a more precise fishtail look, I suggest you braid them thinner. It will consume more time but the result is more satisfying.

6 comments: