April 8, 2014

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Velvet Crush

Last week, I did my sister's makeup on her graduation day. (Congratulations to my Engineer sister by the way who graduated with a degree in B.S. Civil Engineering! YAY! #proudsister) My mom asked me to do her eye makeup as well and gave me this eyeshadow quad from Maybelline. It is common knowledge here in this blog that I love Maybelline products specially their powder and foundations. This is honestly the first eyeshadow that I tried from the brand. I am not sure if it's because I'm not an eyeshadow person or I just don't find their quads interesting.

I was first intimidated by the Purple and Lilac shades because I have always believed in the power of neutral tones in terms of eyeshadows and Gold was the loudest I wore so far.

What I like
This Maybelline eyeshadow quad is really cheap for just less than $5. For that price, I can't complain about the packaging being so flimsy and the applicator which is really useless. I also love the fact that it included the labels for each piece, though you should not limit yourself with the labels just because it says it's for the lid or for the crease. Another thing is the application direction on the back of the quad. It states a step-by-step instruction on how to apply it. If you're not that familiar with applying eyeshadow, this will be really helpful.


SWATCHED: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Velvet Crush

What I Dislike
Other than the applicator and the packaging, the pigmentation itself is not that satisfying as well. There's too much glitter going on and the base eyeshadow is quite chalky. BUT it's really cheap so it's just okay.


Step-by-step Instruction | Ingredients

EYE SWATCH: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad in Velvet Crush (sans eye primer)

Overall, this quad is great for young girls who are starting to experiment with makeup. I really wish I had it when I was in college so I can wear it everyday in school. Contrary to the name of this product, you don't have to be an "expert" to apply and learn how to wear it.

4 comments:

  1. So this is the palette that you used last week. It looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete