July 25, 2014

MAC Lipstick in Heroine, Yay or Nay?

Last Wednesday, I visited my long-time friend and office mate Kho during his night shift from a different building. The thing with me and Kho is our obsession with makeup especially lipsticks. Whenever we hangout, we see to it that we raid each other's makeup kit. If other besties plays dress-up, we play makeup since we can't do otherwise. Haha. He's silently reading my blog and even scolded me for what I posted about his favorite - Burt's Beeswax. (Sorry sis!)

During my visit, he showed me a picture of Beyonce (as usual) and another lip color that Kho wants to immitate from her. He's been mixing MAC Heroine and an almost MLBB Pink color to achieve that. I immediately tried MAC Heroine since it's an intriguing color which is also a cult favorite despite being (gasps) too PURPLE. 


Lo and behold, my main camera selfie! You can hide imperfections with a front-cam but you can never hide it from a back/main cam. I know I look really pale and tired here but I was utterly drawn to the shade of this lippie anyways that I can't help but snap selfies. It has the same charm as MAC Rebel. You'll think twice about applying it because it looks really intimidating on the tube, but you'll instantly fall in love after swiping.

It's not an everyday shade per se. I received three to four awkward/confused glances in the elevator and it's because of the lipstick shade. How much more if I wear it during the day time? BUT if you like experimenting with lip colors and just don't care, this is for you baby! MAC already listed this shade on their permanent line. That's good news for (MAC) Heroine addicts. (pun intended)

Obviously, I personally love the shade and felt really great while wearing it. It's the same thing I feel whenever I wear MAC Rebel -- liberating. The big question though is if I'm going to purchase one for myself? Honestly, I don't know. It's a hard decision to make since I know that it's not the typical shade that you can wear whenever you want. But we'll see.. :) Do you raid you bestie's makeup kits as well?

So what do you think? Are you willing to wear it? Yay or Nay?

2 comments:

  1. You look great with the Heroine! Love the shade! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saw you wear it one time as well.. it amazingly looks great with everyone apprently. :)

      Delete