November 13, 2014

The I-Woke-Up-Like-This FOTD

Why hello there! It's been exactly one month since I last posted here. Can you believe I almost lost each and every photo of this blog just hours ago? Believe it or not, I had a panic attack and realized that this blog means more to me than I had thought. Apparently, Google+ has the ability to do that. I've been deleting online photos here and there because I experienced a horrendous violation of privacy/copyright recently (I'll make a separate post for that). I figured out that if you delete the album on your Picasa or Google+ account connected to your blog, you'll lose everything. Photos uploaded on your blog three years ago? GONE. Just like that. Fortunately, I had the patience to tinker with Google+ this early morning and you figure out the rest. I feel bad for those bloggers posting questions months ago asking for help. Unfortunately, photos deleted are only good for 60 days of recovery from the bin. :(


Sorry for the long story, I've been meaning to post this FOTD (Face of the Day) entry since last week but I just haven't had the time to do so yet. Hey I'm still breaking out since August so I see to it that I do not use that much makeup every day. Here are some of the "exemptions" to that and some products that I was supposed to review but I just threw it here just to mention.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - This liquid foundation is what I've been using as concealer for my pimple marks. I do not apply foundation or even powder foundation on my face these days. Johnson's Baby powder (that's right) is my best friend for now. But whenever I need to cover up for an occasion, I use this to hide my bumps, redness and marks. Oh hormones please stop acting up already!

Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio - This is the most overused item on this list. I've been using it literally every single day. The size and shape of the mirror of this compact is just the best. I mentioned on my review that it is not that pigmented and that is just what I need now. It gives the subtle glow and natural look that I need just to pair with my everyday no makeup look.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Please remind me to purchase new Maybelline mascara already. Mascaras should be replaced every 3 months since they accumulate dirt really fast. I had this since July and that makes it four months now. Eeeeekk!!! Must. Dispose. 

EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet - I had this since July as well and I've been meaning to make a detailed review for this overrated thing right here, but I forgot about it on my stash. Lol. The scent of this balm is really fruity but it lacks moisture and it fades really quickly. The packaging though is beyond cuteness but can be bulky if you love packing light like I do. It resurrected to my kit last week because I ran out of my Maybelline Baby Lips. Right now, I'm giving it another chance.

Forever 21 Love Lip Gloss - This lip gloss is cheap and huge that I think it will take me a year to finish the whole tube. Hehe. It's effective too, does its job of errr.. glossing. 

Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Slim Lipstick in Naked Peach - The whole range of Colour Collection is unbelievably pigmented, creamy and they stick for a good 4 hours. The price is reasonable for what it offers. I personally love the Naked Peach shade from this line. My only minor issue though is that the stick on the tube cuts in half after some time. 

Presenting my version of the "I-Woke-Up-Like-This" FOTD using all the products mentioned above. It basically just covers the pimple marks on my right cheek and forehead as well as my overwhelming large pores. Just use the right amount of blush to give a subtle glow on your cheeks. Apply just the right amount of mascara and a light pink or nude lipstick. Tada! So that's the effort you have to do to just look effortless. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the look, so natural and fresh! :) EOS lip balm is the best. <3

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try na talaga the Maybelline Great Lash mascara! :) And yes, use it up gurl or else.. bacteria!

    ReplyDelete