February 6, 2015

Friday Foodie: Grab A Beer At Backyard Kitchen + Brew UP Town Center

An ice cold beer, pizza, and a sweet dessert - sounds like the ideal dining experience for me. If you're a couple or a group of friends who enjoys a good ol' chill and laid back nights, you're in luck because me and my husband stumbled on a new place to hang out last Sunday night.

Don't get me wrong but the owner of this place or at least the PR peeps behind Backyard Kitchen + Brew are really nailing their job in marketing. I can still remember my husband mentioning me this place that he really wants to try because it's all over instagram! Damn, Instagram really is the diet killer for us millennial. One look at the Boys Night Out DJ's (SlickRick, Tony, SamYG) IG pages and they will instantly make you hungry. I thought that it's not worth the hype because we all know how overrated marketing is nowadays. But I'm thankful that my husband dragged me to this new place with low expectations.


4 Cheese and Truffle Garlic Flat Bread (Php 275) - Mozzarella, Cheddar, Ricotta, Bleu, Truffle Oil
Don't let this flat bread fool you. It may look thin but if filled me up really quickly, of course with the help of my choice of flavored beer. The flavor is rich and it's chewy like those thin crusted pizza we all are familiar with.

Backyard Burger (Php 285) - Buttered Brioche Bun, 100% Brisket and Chuck Patty, Cheddar, Parmesan Crisp, Arugula, Onions, Tomatoes, Sriracha Ketchup
I was already full so I only took a bite of this burger. It's huge and flavorful, and I love the chips that comes with it. 

Pizzookie (Php 385) - Baked to order Chocolate Chip Cookie, Mantecado Ice Cream, Rock Salt
There are tons of Pizzookie photos posted on Instagram right now. I can't blame them because it's really one of the most photogenic desserts. It's the kind you only see on Pinterest. The cookie is warm, chewy and chocolaty -- just the way my husband loves it. The Mantecado ice cream perfectly goes with the cookie. This is definitely a must-try! 

I'm a beer person and I love the "currently trending", Salted Caramel flavor. That's why I really enjoyed my cold mug of Salted Caramel beer that evening. Only I hope they filled the glass more, because I may look frail but I can empty this mug in a swig (no kidding). Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience at Backyard Kitchen + Brew. The ambiance is just chill and lax. It's a cozy place to meet and catch up with friends over a glass of beer.

Enjoy your weekend! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment