September 1, 2015

My Blogging Hiatus

So much has changed since I last wrote here. A year ago, my first thought in the morning would be how my blog is doing or what can I write about that week. I would check my blog comments, rankings and what not. This year, I just stopped caring. Just like that, in a snap I just did not care anymore. What changed?

I was raised and educated to be prepared for a 9-5 job. Right now, I am here. This is exactly how it's supposed to be for me. This was my dream and I'm living it. The last few months, I was giving it my all. I told myself that I should focus on what's in front of me so I gave up writing.

Tell you what, nobody told me about blogging before I started. I did not study about it in college nor was I told to do so. This is something that I just started doing because I thought it was fun. Now seeing emails for collaboration made me realize something. Why did I give up something that was authentically me? 

To summarize everything for the last 6 months: First, I started a new job in a new company; I gave up the domain www.lippiemonster.com; I went scuba diving; My photo was placed in demeaning sites; And of course, I read a lot of books. Yes these are the things that hindered me from writing here. The 2014 version of me probably would write all about these things in full detail. But the 2015 version of me just won't. I just thought that I can't fully experience anything when I'm too busy taking pictures and thinking about what to say. On the other hand, I want to write again because it's an authentic part of me. For now, I wouldn't say that I'll go back to blogging in full blast, but I'm looking forward to making gradual updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment