Pages

Blair Liquid Matte Lipstick in "Cams" for New Year's Eve


Happy New Year! Finally, I found some motivation to write about lipsticks again! YAAASSS! Last holiday season, it was like the world was pushing me to blog again. Every single group of people that I hang out with was asking me about my blog. It's been years since I stopped blogging regularly, but they never forget. Thanks you guys! This post is for all of you. They even told me that I'm that one friend of theirs whom they tell their other friends about. They're like -- "Oh, I have that friend who blogs about makeup, let me look her up!" Lol. I even got some beauty products as Christmas presents. Thank you friends and family! This product was actually one of those presents that I received. 

I've been seeing a lot of instagram posts from celebrities using this liquid matte lipstick. They were promoting an online seller that exclusively sells this brand. But they sell it for a hefty 800 pesos. My mom got me this from her re-seller officemate for just 500 pesos. She even has a bundle sale where you can buy two for a lower price. If you're interested, you can visit her Carousell page here.

Blair Liquid Matte Lipstick in "Cams" SWATCHED by Lippie Monster
This photo is not just a swatch, it's also a warning sign that I'm going to be addicted to gel nail polish from now on. My Red nails in this photo are over a month old. It's still so freaking shiny and in full coverage after a month of me doing laundry and washing the dishes. Damn, they really are bullet proof. Lol.


So, here's the swatch for Blair Liquid Matte Lipstick in "Cams". The texture is as matte as it can be. Don't expect any hydrating forgiveness because it does not forgive. The longevity is just like my gel nail polish. I swear the term "Kiss Proof" is an understatement. If you don't remove it with a proper remover, it can last all day and night on your lips. I piled up a generous amount of petroleum jelly on my lips and rub it with some wipes just to remove it. It's effective to remove stubborn matte lippies that way. ;)

The color payoff is above expectations. I super love this particular shade. It's a very classy deep Red, that stands out especially when worn on a night event. That's the reason why I decided to wear it on New Year's Eve. I'm not Chinese but I wore Red top, Red nails, Red lips, Red everything for good luck. Hehe. (My Lola taught me well.)


The application is probably the only downside of this product. It took me 20 minutes to perfect the shaping of my lips on the outer corner. It dries so quickly that makes it hard if you swipe a little bit beyond. (Literal na walang hingahan talaga bes). What I did is I have cotton buds on my other hand to instantly swipe some smudges if I went a little too far.
Blair Liquid Matte Lipstick in "Cams" WHEN WORN by Lippie Monster
TADA! So this is my full face for New Year's eve wearing Blair Liquid Matte Lipstick in "Cams". I paired it with a dark smokey eye for my hooded eyes. Also, I highlighted my nose-line and the inner corner of my eyes with a highlighter, and that's it! (PAK! Akala mo naman pa-party, nag-prito lang naman ng Dynamite. Hahaha!) I hope you like this look as much as I enjoyed it. Again, happy new year and I wish you all the luck this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment