Pages

Hide Your Eye Bags using The Balm Time Balm Concealer


After posting my Christmas Haul two weeks ago, I received requests to review this concealer. (Nauumay na din daw sila sa puro lipstick. Haha.) Apparently, there are more people who cannot go out without a concealer on rather than lipstick. The eye bags probably tops the list of insecurities within the face area, together with the sparse eyebrows. You may eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and get a lot of sleep, but you can still have eye bags. I believe that genetics play a big role in it. It's in your genes girl, wala na tayong magagawa kaya daanin na lang natin sa concealer. In my case, I am one of the lucky few who has minimal baggies beneath the eyes. I have really thin facial skin, though, which makes my veins really visible. This has been me and my sister's problem since our teenage years. So we have to cover those.


As I mentioned, I purchased this theBalm Time Balm concealer at Beauty Bar in Eastwood last December. It's PHP 820 for 7.5g, but I also spotted it in Sephora for PHP 1,002. I think it's because Sephora has all the shades, while Beauty Bar only has 3 to 4 shades available. Luckily, "Light/Medium" shade fits my skin tone. This shade fits the warm undertones with fair to light skin.



Packaging
The concealer pot comes with a tiny white sponge that I tried retouching with. Though I prefer using my ring finger (cos it's the finger with the lightest touch) for application, the white sponge is more hygienic. You just have to make sure that you wash it regularly. The clear plastic pot is what bothers me since I'm really clumsy. I might crack it when I accidentally drop it one day. 

Texture
It's like butter whereas the texture is hard when you took it from the refrigerator. But with some swirling and pressing, it eventually becomes softer to apply. You should try the technique that I learned from watching Patrick Starr's YouTube videos. He sets his concealer! It's like baking, but using a concealer instead. He believes that it makes the concealer last longer, which I tried by the way and it works!

Coverage
The coverage is medium, but definitely not light which is good for daily use. The staying power is superb by the way. I usually apply it in the morning before going to work and it still looks untouched when I got home.


The Balm Time Balm Concealer -- www.lippiemonster.com
BEFORE: 
This is me wearing zero makeup. As in wala talaga teh, eto na yung totoo kong pagkatao, 
kita lahat ng chismis sa muka. Hahaha! (Oo mainggit kayo sa kilay ko. Kbye!)

The Balm Time Balm Concealer -- www.lippiemonster.com
Applied The Balm Time Balm Concealer on the right side of my face 
-- This is the usual amount that I apply everyday for both sides.

The Balm Time Balm Concealer -- www.lippiemonster.com
After: 
TADA! Notice the difference between the two sides of my face especially the under-eye area.

Overall, I really like this concealer. I've been using it more and more every single day since I really like binge-watching random TV series (Guys, wala na, nilamon na ako ng Black Mirror! Hahaha!) and reading. I am developing my baggies daily from lack of sleep. If you're looking for a medium coverage concealer that sticks throughout the day, this is for you. Also, the price is justifiable since 7.5g will last you months.

No comments:

Post a Comment