Pages

TREND ALERT!! Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks in Midnight Wasabi and Candy Venom


A fellow lipstick lover friend of mine and I were talking about Blue and Green lipsticks just a month ago. We realized that we never gave them a try. Since we are nearing our thirties, I think we should already. (Cos medyo hindi na cute pag super tita vibes na. Haha.) We kept on tagging each other on Instagram posts from Rihanna, with photos of her wearing funky lipstick shades such as: Blue, Green, Lavender etc. And my gosh, she looks stunning in any lip color. How to be you, Riri?? HOW?

It's Fenty Beauty! She's been killing it lately with all her releases. I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube, and what I love about her creations is that she prioritizes giving shades that fits every single skin tone. Giiirl, there's a million of skin tones out there, but yeah, she's giving it a try. I heard the foundation is just okay, but the match sticks are a must-have. I was actually eyeing the Kilawatt Freestyle highlighter in "Trophy Wife", but after seeing reviews that it doesn't fit the fair skin, again I skipped. Fast-forward to the Gloss Bomb and Stunna Lip Paint. Those were really good-looking lippies but I kinda still feel underwhelmed about them. I feel like the Gloss Bombs don't have the pigmentation that I want in my standard lippies. While the Stunna Lip Paint has this bomb packaging that I would really love to have, it only offers one shade that is Red. I skipped all those collections all-together. Then finally, Fenty Beauty and Rihanna were releasing these matte goodness! 


Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks has 14 shades with really funky names. 
All moods, all skin tone, all day!: 
- Ma'Damn (Royal Red)
- Spanked (Dusty Rose)
- Candy Venom (Electric Pink)
- Saw-C (Exotic Tangerine)
- Up 2 No Good (Nude Peach)
- S1ngle (Blushing Nude)
- Freckle Fiesta (Spiced Terracotta)
- Shawty (Warm Chestnut)
- PMS (Moody Brown) -- (I almost chose this just so I can wear it during that time of the month. Haha.)
- Midnight Wasabi (Wicked Green)
- Ya Dig?! (Periwinkle Blue)
- Clapbak (True Navy)
- One of the Boyz (Wild Lilac)
- Griselda (Bold Burgundy)

Rihanna loves changing up her lipstick depending on her current mood, so she wanted to create a lipstick collection that would empower everyone to explore new looks. She hand-picked the range of 14 shades that anyone can pull off, with shade names that embody the personality of each color.



I was excited throughout the whole month of December because they're releasing it after Christmas day. The release day came, and I didn't know that I will be making one of the hardest decisions of my life which is choosing what shade to get. The obvious choice for me was the shade in "Candy Venom". It's a shade that I know I can wear every single day of the year. That shade was screaming my name. 

For the other shade, I was planning to get "Spanked". I changed my mind about it since it's another wearable shade. It will be boring because I'll be able to wear it so easily and effortlessly. We don't want that, because I already have the Candy Venom for that. I want to make the most out of this collection's funky shades just to try something new. I suddenly remembered me and my friend's conversation about Blue and Green lippies. I just know that I have to try it with this collection! And then I was down to two shades: "Clapback" and "Green Wasabi".  

There are other Blue shades available in other brands, but I rarely see Green ones with good pigmentation. So with my eyes closed and my online shopping cart full, I finally decided to get "Midnight Wasabi". Also, I think the shade name is just so extra and well thought of. I've always been a sucker for words and wittiness. The name of this shade is the other reason why I chose it. (Or maybe the only reason so I can pay tribute to whoever thought about that shade name. Ha!) "Midnight fucking Wasabi"! Who the fuck can come up with that brilliant name? It's just a really beautiful and witty shade name. I just love it! 



Packaging 
Can you say that I can't stop taking pictures of these lipstick bullets? The packaging is just out there. They're in a reflective Silver tube with a fancy octagon shape. Very instagrammable! The sticker beneath the tube already has the color together with the shade name which is very convenient. The packaging of these lipsticks tops my most favorite packaging of all-time. On the other hand, I didn't know that they will be smaller in person. It's much smaller than a typical lipstick bullet which makes it considered even pricier than it already is. My typical lipstick lasts me 4-5 months through daily use. For these mattemoiselles, I think I can finish a whole tube in just three months.


Dislikes
It transfers. A lot. It is not that type of matte that you have to leave for some minutes to let it dry on your lips. It never dries. It looks like a soft-matte but doesn't feel like one. Maybe that's why it's called a "Plush Matte". Also, the shape of the lippie inside the tube is so small and in Oval shape, which requires some getting used to during application. We're all used to those bigger lipstick bullets that eventually fits the shape of our lips through repeated application. This Fenty Beauty's lipstick shape was said to be a streamlined style to cater precise application. I think this will be much useful for lips that are smaller. For people with lips that are much fuller, it can be a challenge to apply.

Lippie Monster wearing Fenty Beauty
Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick
in Midnight Wasabi

Lippie Monster wearing Fenty Beauty 
Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick 
in Candy Venom 
[Other Products Used: Sephora Teint Infusion Ethereal Natural Finish Foundation in Natural Beige, MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC25, In2it Brow Powder, Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette, Mumuso Eyeliner and Mascara, Ever Bilena Blush and Contour in Baked Fig, BareMinerals Highlighter]

Disclaimer: Wala akong ring light bes, natural light lang lahat 'to! Pak na pak diba? ;)

Midnight Wasabi!!  OMG! That's me up there wearing a Green lipstick. It's so much fun, I tell you. Every lipstick junkie should try it at least once. I really love the Wicked Green shade. However, I noticed that it transfers more than Candy Venom. Also, the staying power of this particular shade is just so-so. I think the formulation varies from every shade. On the other hand, just as I expected, Candy Venom is the shade that I can wear everyday. I've been wearing it non-stop since I got it. It's an electric Pink shade that leaves an even stain whenever I eat or drink. The staying power is good too, and I believe Rihanna that it will fit in every single skin tone.

Overall, there are mixed good and bad about these lippies, but I personally like them because it's an attempt of innovation from the beauty industry. Rihanna really likes going out of her comfort zone. From the color of the shades, shade names, lipstick shape, she really risked a lot. I think it paid off very well naman. Also, Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free, which means they don't test on animals. Anyway, I regret not playing with funky lip colors during my early 20s. I think I'll be wearing them during my Tita days na lang. KEBS! My kids will be like: "That's my mom over there, the one wearing a Green lipstick!" Hahaha! 

Rundown
Get a pop of these lippies if: You're a huge fan of Rihanna and her personality; You like wearing or want to experiment with funky shade colors; You have a budget for a luxurious but tiny lipstick; You're a sucker for luxurious-looking makeup packaging. Don't get these lippies if: You're just looking for a shade that you can wear every day; You're looking for a really matte formulation; And if you want the standard size of a lipstick. 


"Lipstick is all about having fun and expressing your mood at any given moment. This collection makes it easier than ever because there's a color for everyone." - Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment