Pages

MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt Amplified Creme Review

My Ninang Lisa sent me another lipstick after reading my MAC Brave Red review. Thank you again Ninang Lisa! :) I was so excited when I learned that it's the "Vegas Volt" shade since it's on my MAC lipstick wishlist along with "Watch Me Simmer" and "Party Parrot". Seriously MAC, why can't you place those shades on the permanent list? I've been looking for those since 2012. Anyway, I am so happy to have another Amplified Creme formulation in my stash along with my overused "Chatterbox" and my new love "Impassioned". Amplified Creme is still my favorite formulation because it's really creamy and easy to apply.


SWATCHED: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Vegas Volt 
The packaging of this lipstick is still MAC's classic bullet-shaped tube. The scent is still Vanilla which is rather stronger in Amplified Cremes. I can describe the shade as a light coral with a hint of orange. Unfortunately, this kind of shade is particularly advisable for women with warm skin tone (people with green-ish veins on their wrist like me!). My sister laughed on my face when I first wore it days after my hiking and camping trip because I was two or three shades darker. She said I looked like Nicki Minaj with a pigmented face and a bright lipstick.

LIP SWATCH: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Vegas Volt 
After weeks of regaining my old complexion (only one shade darker now) I came up with a conclusion that Vegas Volt is tricky to wear. If you are fair-skinned this shade can pass as your "almost" MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade. I saw my sister wear it with her really pale complexion and it looked like she's wearing her own skin. On the other hand, if you have cool skin tone (people with blue-ish veins on their wrist) this shade will appear striking on you like you're wearing a really orangey coral shade.

Here's a little comparative chart to help you figure out if you have a warm or cool skin tone. :)

LIP SWATCH: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Vegas Volt 
This is how to sport a huge bump on your forehead. I'm sorry. I know it cannot be unseen after reading that. Haha. Anyways, that was me wearing MAC Vegas Volt last week while my forehead pimple is on its peak. I did not want to make it worse by using a concealer so I just accepted my fate and snapped the swatch. Honestly, this lipstick have the ability to brighten one's face. It amazes me how it brightened my face in these pictures because I did not wear any concealer that time and I was even sick with cold. I only wore a powder, blush, curled my lashes and finally the lipstick. Regardless of your skin tone, this particular shade is a must-have. It is hardly dupable and the color is really unique. It is not everyday that I see a shade that can be described as one of MAC's classic shades.

I would like to thank my Ninang Lisa for sending me over this gorgeous MAC Vegas Volt lipstick. This review won't be possible without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment